Thursday, September 13, 2007

A day in the life of Boon in Laos

Sabaidee (greetings in Laotian),

Can you spot your three 650 classmates in this picture?
And can you guess which other classmate took the picture? I'll give you a clue: he's tall and funny.

As you probably know, this past summer a group of us were in Thailand teaching and doing 690. Many of us took a trip together to neighboring Laos over a long weekend. This picture is right after we got massages. My masseuse on that day could speak English really well. I really enjoyed talking to her and hearing about what her life was like. As I recall, she worked really long days and I think had 1 or maybe only half a day off per week. She seemed quite upbeat and had a positive attitude, but talking with her made me realize how much I take for granted and made me start to appreciate things more.

If you want to check out the town where we were, click here: Luang Prabang


Now I'm going to try to do some special tricks on this blog...

No comments: